Charles R. CrowleyManaging Director
Mr. Crowley has more than 30 years of experience in serving the financial needs of community banks, including over 25 years in investment banking. He specializes in capital raising and in providing merger advisory services for financial services companies. He has successfully advised clients on dozens of transactions through various market cycles.
Prior to joining Boenning & Scattergood in January 2013, Mr. Crowley was a Managing Director & Principal with Paragon Capital Group / ParaCap Group in Cleveland. He had prior experience with full service investment banks including Stifel Nicolaus / Ryan Beck, Friedman Billings Ramsey (FBR) and McDonald & Company Securities, Inc.
Mr. Crowley earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics with a concentration in Accounting, as well as an MBA in Finance, from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. He holds the Series 7, 24 and 63 licenses. He is a board member of Junior Achievement of Greater Cleveland and of the Wharton Alumni Club of Northeast Ohio, and he is involved in coaching youth baseball.
Representative transactions* include:
- Advised a $3.3 billion bank in connection with the acquisition of a $575 million bank to strengthen our client’s position in an important market
- Advised a $525 million bank in connection with a negotiated strategic merger with a $1.1 billion bank in contiguous markets
- Advised a community bank with a $1.2 million pre-deal market capitalization on obtaining a $5 million TARP discount and completing a $22.5 million recapitalization transaction
- Advised an $870 million community bank on a debt restructuring and completion of a $30 million rights offering
- Advised a $1.3 billion bank in its $202 million sale to a $4.0 billion bank, followed by a divestiture of several branches
* = transactions may have been completed while employed at prior firm