Christopher M. ChapmanManaging Director
Chris joined Boenning & Scattergood’s investment banking group in April 2013 as a Director. He has 15 years of experience in the financial services industry, including more than six years assisting community banks with mergers, capital raising and other strategic alternatives.
Prior to joining Boenning, Chris was a Senior Vice President with Paragon Capital Group / ParaCap Group, a boutique merchant banking firm in Cleveland. He previously worked at full-service investment banks Stifel Nicolaus and Ryan Beck, where he advised financial institutions and real estate companies. Chris also has experience in sell-side equity research with KeyBanc Capital Markets and buy-side analysis with Mayfair International.
Chris earned a BA in Economics and Mathematics with a Statistics concentration from Ohio Wesleyan University and an MBA in Finance from the McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas. He holds the Series 7, 63, 86 and 87 licenses.
Representative transactions* include the following:
- Financial advisor and information agent for a $750 million bank in connection with a $10 million rights offering
- Financial advisor to an $800 million bank on structuring its exit from Treasury’s TARP program
- Worked with a private equity fund to position it as a financing partner to more than ten community banks seeking to exit TARP
- Exclusive sell-side advisor to a closely-held $300 million community bank on a sale that included distressed assets as consideration and tiered earn-outs
- Financial advisor to a troubled $200 million community bank on its $17.5 million private equity-led recapitalization
* = transactions may have been completed while employed at prior firm