James F. McCormick, CFA®Managing Director
For over 20 years, Jim has worked extensively with both public and private companies on numerous transactions including: sell-side and buy-side mergers and acquisitions; public offerings; private placements of debt and equity; strategic alternatives analyses; and fairness opinions.
Mr. McCormick is a founding member of Boenning & Scattergood’s investment banking practice. Previously, Jim worked in the investment banking advisory groups of Griffin Financial, LLC; Berwind Financial, L.P.; and Brown Brothers Harriman & Co. In addition, Jim’s background includes serving as a commercial loan officer for a regional bank as well as a vice president of finance for private equity backed company.
Jim received a Bachelor of Sciences Degree in Finance and International Business from the Pennsylvania State University and holds the Chartered Financial Analyst designation. He is also registered with FINRA and holds the Series 7, 24, and 63 licenses.
Representative transactions include the following:
- Sell-side advisor to a privately held specialty apparel manufacturer in a sale to a private equity firm.
- Sole placement agent in a $12 million private placement of equity for a community bank.
- Co-manager in a $36 million follow-on public offering of common stock for a global engineering, construction, and professional services firm.
- Sell-side advisor to a specialty retail and consumer products company in a sale to a private equity firm.
- Buy-side advisor to a national snack food company with approximately $500 million in annual sales in the acquisition of two other snack food companies.
- Sell-side advisor to a printing and publishing company in a sale to a high net worth family investment office.
- Sell-side advisor to a community bank with approximately $400 million in assets in a sale to a regional bank with approximately $2.0 billion in assets.
- Joint book running manager for a regional bank with approximately $4.0 billion in assets in a $63 million public offering of senior notes.
- Advisor to a regional newspaper in a debt recapitalization and restructuring.
- Sell-side advisor to a manufacturer and distributor of healthcare products in a sale to an international strategic acquirer.
- Advisor to a multi-location, live stage entertainment company serving over 1.0 million patrons annually in a debt recapitalization and restructuring.
- Sell-side advisor to a publicly traded manufacturer of truck bodies, trollies, and buses in a sale of certain non-core assets.
- Sell-side advisor to a Canadian based developer and manufacturer of defense technology in a sale to a private equity firm.
- Advisor to a 40 unit, full-service restaurant chain in a debt recapitalization and restructuring.
- Sell-side advisor to a regional healthcare services company to a private equity firm.