Kevin J. RyanManaging Director
Mr. Ryan has almost 20 years of experience providing strategic advice and executing capital markets and merger and acquisition transactions for clients in the financial services industry. He focuses on merger & acquisition advisory services and capital raising for commercial banking clients. He has executed transactions for companies ranging in size from $100 million in assets to $125 billion in assets located in the Northeast, Southeast and Midwest.
Mr. Ryan has raised common and preferred equity and senior and subordinated debt for banks in both the public and private markets. His merger and acquisition experience includes whole company, branch and asset purchase transactions involving Regional, Super Community and Community Banks and other insurance, financial advisory, specialty finance and wealth management companies.
Prior to joining Boenning & Scattergood, Mr. Ryan was a member of the Strategic Planning / Mergers and Acquisitions Group at Regions Bank. He has also held positions at FIG Partners, LLC, Hovde Financial, Sandler O’Neill + Partners, L.P. and Legg Mason Wood Walker, Incorporated.
Mr. Ryan received his Bachelor of Arts degree in English from Boston College and his MBA majoring in Accounting and Finance from the Owen Graduate School of Management at Vanderbilt University. He holds the FINRA Series 7, 63, and 79 licenses.
Representative transactions* include:
- Advised a $2.5 billion in assets Northeastern Community Bank with its sale to a $3.5 billion in assets commercial bank acquirer
- Advised a $2.6 billion in assets Mid-Atlantic Community Bank with its sale to a $123 billion in assets commercial bank acquirer
- Advised a $600 million in assets Southeastern Community Bank with its sale to a $2.6 billion in assets commercial bank acquirer
- Several public and private market common equity offerings for Community Banks, several debt offerings for Regional and Community Banks and insurance companies
- Divestures of branches and wealth management related assets involving Regional Banks
- Wealth management, insurance brokerage and specialty finance acquisitions by commercial banks
* = transactions have been completed while at a prior firm