Investment Banking - Just Energy Group Inc.
Transactions | Infrastructure/Environmental/Water
Client: Just Energy Group Inc.
Transaction Type: Preferred Stock Offering
- Just Energy Group Inc. (NYSE:JE TSX:JE) (“Just Energy” or the ”Company”) is a leading retail energy provider specializing in electricity and natural gas commodities, energy efficiency solution and renewable energy options.
- Headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario, the Company operates through Consumer Energy, Commercial Energy and Residential Solar Divisions with operations in Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom. The Company offers a range of energy products including long-term fixed, variable and flat-bill programs as well as solar panel installations and smart thermostat sales to 1.8 million customers.
- The Company issued 4,000,000 of its 8.50% Series A Fixed-to-Floating Cumulative Redeemable Perpetual Preferred Shares for total net proceeds of approximately $110.0 million (including the overallotment). The Company intends to use the net proceeds for general corporate purposes, growth and working capital, and potentially refinance or repurchase its 2018 and 2019 maturing instruments if conditions are appropriate.
- The transaction priced on January 30, 2017.
- Boenning served as a co-manager in the transaction.