Investment Banking - Marport Deep Sea Technologies Inc.
Transactions | Infrastructure/Environmental/Water
Client: Marport Deep Sea Technologies Inc.
Transaction Type: Private Placement
Role: Financial Advisor
- Based in Canada, Marport Deep Sea Technologies Inc., is a world leader in the design, development, and manufacture of Software Defined Sonar® technology and systems for underwater defense, commercial fisheries, offshore energy, and ocean science.
- Marport secured a growth investment led by Hastings Equity Partners, LLC and Admiralty Partners, Inc.
- The equity investment provided Marport the resources it needed to sustain its rapid growth in the defense, commercial fisheries, and oil & gas markets.
- Proceeds from the investment were used to expand Marport’s marketing and sales efforts, particularly for the U.S. defense markets, as well as to launch new products and fund ongoing research and development activities.
- Hastings is a private equity firm located in the Boston metropolitan area and invests in niche businesses where it can leverage the extensive operational experience of its managers and investors.
- Admiralty Partners, founded by Jon Kutler, focuses on investments in the global aerospace and defense sectors. Prior to Admiralty, Mr. Kutler was founder and CEO of Quarterdeck Equity Partners, which provided strategic advisory and M&A services to global aerospace and defense corporations.
- As financial advisor to Marport, Boenning originated, structured, and negotiated the transaction.