Investment Banking - Quantum Global Advisors, LLC
Transactions | Insurance
Client: Quantum Global Advisors, LLC
Transaction Type: Mergers & Acquisitions
Role: Financial Advisor
Quantum Global Advisors, LLC is Acquired by BDO USA, LLP
- Quantum Global Advisors, LLC (“Quantum”) is a leading international insurance services firm headquartered in Chicago that provides advice to businesses in the management of complex insurance claims for losses that include property damage, business interruption, environmental accidents, and cyber attacks.
- Quantum has advised hotels, shopping centers, large property holders, manufacturers, and many other firms in 16 countries and territories during thousands of engagements representing over $10 billion in resolved claims.
- BDO USA, LLP (“BDO USA”), headquartered in Chicago, is the US member of BDO’s international network of independent member firms and provides assurance, tax, and advisory services to a wide range of publicly traded and privately held companies.
- The acquisition represents a significant expansion of BDO USA’s Insurance Risk and Recovery practice and positions the firm as a top forensic investigation and litigation services player in the market.
- Quantum’s strategic addition to BDO USA makes the firm’s insurance services offering more comprehensive and aides its goal of serving its clients through the heightened challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, West Coast wildfires, gulf coast hurricanes, and cyber attacks. Quantum’s Asset Intel Modeling platform offers clients real-time data on their assets affected by weather patterns in an interactive, visual manner.
- The transaction was announced on October 6, 2020 — five days after Quantum’s 75th anniversary — and was closed on October 19, 2020.
- Boenning & Scattergood served as financial advisor to Quantum.