Investment Banking - The Marietta Gravity Water Company
Transactions | Infrastructure/Environmental/Water
Client: The Marietta Gravity Water Company
Transaction Type: Mergers & Acquisitions
Role: Fairness Opinion
- The Firm was engaged by The Marietta Gravity Water Company (“Marietta”) to provide a written opinion to the Board of Directors of the Company as to the fairness, from a financial point of view, of a proposed asset sale transaction.
- The water production and distribution system located in the Borough of Marietta, portions of West Hempfield and East Donegal Townships in Lancaster County, and a portion of Hellam Township in York County, PA was purchased by The Columbia Water Company (“Columbia”), located in Columbia, PA.
- The deal was driven by the logical strategic fit and close relationship between the neighboring companies of Marietta and Columbia.
- The Firm concluded that the proposed $3.5 million offer in the asset sale transaction was fair from a financial point of view.
- The Firm issued a fairness opinion to the special committee and independent members of the board of directors in this transaction.